grilled pineapple salsa
This summer, I have become the proud co-owner of a beautiful grill. When my roommate first presented the option to me, I was unsure how often I would use said grill, but decided to take the risk and make the investment.
Best. Decision. Ever.
Do you know how many things you can grill? Essentially, you can take anything that is normally delicious and but it on the grill and it becomes infinitely more delicious. Meat, veggies, fruit, bread – you name it, it’s probably better grilled.
Pineapple is no exception. Grilling pineapple gives it this delicious, caramelized, charred flavor that is simply mind-blowing. Throw it in with a few other veggies, and voilà- you have grilled pineapple salsa. It goes great with tacos, on top of meat, with chips, or just by its lovely self.
- 1 ripe pineapple, sliced into spears
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered
- Red onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeño
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- salt & pepper
- avocado or olive oil
- Grease grill & heat to medium high.
- Toss the red bell pepper, red onion, and jalapeño in avocado or olive oil until lightly coated. Grill pineapple and veggies until lightly charred on the outside. To make grilling easier, use skewers.
- Allow veggies and pineapple to cool, dabbing veggies with paper towels to remove excess oil. Dice your grilled fare (remove the seeds from the jalapeño unless you just LOVE spicy), and toss with cilantro, lime juice, spices, and salt & pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
Original recipe found at Carlsbad Cravings.